Career Development Service
As a student, it's never too early to start thinking about career options and possibilities. The Career Development Service can assist you with this process at all stages of your studies. We can do this with personalised appointments or you can access the online SCU Career Development Program. Book and confirm your appointment on CareerHub (use your MySCU details to log in). CareerHub can also be used to search for graduate employment or part-time jobs.
As well as helping current students, we provide a range of services for prospective students, SCU staff and recent graduates. These services include:
Current students and graduates
- Personalised careers consultations
- Career planning strategies
- Career development workshops
- Resume, application and interview workshops and resources
- Vocational assessment
- Bright Futures student-alumni mentoring program (matches students with an industry mentor)
- Access to CareerHub for casual, vacation and graduate employment opportunities, resources and events
- Tailored career development guest lectures and workshops
- Careers assistance for your students
- Free advertising for contract or casual staff
- Access to the Career Development Program resources on Blackboard
- Access to CareerHub for recruitment, resources and events
Locations and Contacts
Telephone consultations and email support are available week days. Current students - book your appointments through CareerHub (use your MySCU details to log in).
For further assistance:
Student Centre, Goodman Plaza
Telephone: 02 6620 3220.
Coffs Harbour campus
Counselling and Student Support Services, 1st Floor F Block
Telephone: 02 6659 3263.
Gold Coast campus
Level 2, Building B, Gold Coast campus
Telephone: 07 5589 3001.
Updated: 16 February 2016