Golden Key is an international not-for-profit organisation with over 2 million members. Membership is by invitation only and offered to students and recent graduates whose academic results place them in the top 15% of their studies. Golden Key works with over 400 universities worldwide and reward and celebrate academic achievement. The Asia-Pacific region consists of active chapters in Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, India as well as sub-chapters in Singapore and Vietnam. Golden Key has been working with Australian universities since 1993.
Golden Key's chapter at Southern Cross University was established in 2012 and at the end of 2015 the SCU Chapter has over 700 members. An Executive Committee is elected on an annual basis at an Annual General Meeting. The committee receives funding, training and ongoing support from the Golden Key Asia-Pacific Headquarters to implement activities and initiatives throughout the year under the guidelines of the Golden Key Chapter Standards. Golden Key welcome all enquiries about being part of the committee, new leaders always welcome.
Golden Key rewards members for excellence in academia, leadership and service. The Society maintains a range of international and regional scholarship programs available solely to its members. As a student-led society Golden Key empowers members through student leadership opportunities, to have an impact on SCU and the local community. Executive Committees of student leaders implement events and initiatives based on the 3 pillars of: Academics, Leadership, and Service. For further information about Golden Key International Honour Society contact: www.goldenkey.org
Awards and Scholarships are awarded annually to Golden Key members. See the list of scholarships available to Golden Key members.
Southern Cross University
Golden Key members
Our members are a diverse community representing all walks of life, fields of study, cultures and geography. All of them are united as being the top achievers in their area of study.
Membership benefits include:
- Internationally recognised member certificate, a valuable addition to your CV
- Access to annual scholarships and awards
- Community service involvement
- Structured leadership training program and local leadership positions
- Local on-campus events and networking
- Regional and international member only conferences
- Regular eNewsletter with updates and opportunities
- Exclusive online access to GK-Career Insider career library
- GK-Money 101, a comprehensive set of online financial education modules
- Career opportunities sent by targeted email
Golden Key mission
To enable members to realise their potential through the advancement of academics, leadership and service.
Golden Key values
Upcoming Golden Key events at SCU - 2016
Golden Key Information sessions:
- On campus: Tuesday 27 September 2016, Gold Coast campus at 1-2pm in B6.26
- Online via Blackboard Collaborate: Tuesday 11 October 2016 at 5:30pm (AEST) - login to the virtual office
- Golden Key New Member Reception: Monday 24 October 2016, Gold Coast campus in A2.20
- AGM: Tuesday 25 October 2016, Gold Coast campus at 12pm in B5.41