Student Advocacy Service
As part of the National Student Representation Protocols, a Student Advocacy Service is now available across all campuses and to all students of Southern Cross University; undergraduate, postgraduate, internal, external, international and domestic.
The Student Advocacy Service provides free and confidential advocacy in relation to the academic and procedural rules and regulations of the University. This includes assistance, advice and/or advocacy for such things as:
- Special consideration requests
- Grade disputes
- Appeal processes, submissions and representation
- Lodging a grievance or complaint
- Student misconduct (academic and non-academic)
- University rules and regulations
- Enrolment issues
In addition to this, the Student Advocacy Service may also provide assistance, advice or referral for a broad range of issues that affect a student's ability to maintain their studies at Southern Cross University. This may include;
- Financial/Centrelink problems
- Residential tenancy advice and referral
- Discrimination and harassment
- Work and Development Orders (unpaid fines)
The Student Advocacy Service is an independent service that works solely for the best interests of the student and is disassociated from the University decision-makers in respect of academic and procedural rules and regulations and other staff who administer the University's academic and procedural rules and regulations. The Student Advocacy Service ensures that students are fairly represented by providing relevant information, referral and advice as well as acting as an advocate, liaison or support person.
The Student Advocacy Service is a free and confidential service available to all enrolled students.
Your student advocacy team can be contacted at:
Shop 9A Goodman Plaza - next to the Student Common Room
- Shae Brown (Senior Advocate) - 02 6626 9232 - email@example.com
- Ronny Susanto (Advocate) - 6626 9622 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Building B, Level 2 - Office B2.15
- Rebecca (Beckie) Douglas (Advocate) - 07 5589 3164 - email@example.com
- Haylee Fuller (Advocate) - 02 6659 3276 - firstname.lastname@example.org