Preparing for Success Progression
The SCU College offers several paths to university study, including the tertiary bridging program, Preparing for Success at SCU Program (PSP).
The PSP is open to those who may not meet the formal entry requirements for university study and want to study at university.
The PSP provides:
- an alternative free pathway to achieving higher education and professional goals;
- the opportunity to grow in confidence in a highly supportive learning environment;
- an excellent introduction to university culture, experiences and technologies;
- the opportunity to learn the academic skills necessary for success at university;
- a guaranteed place of study with SCU on successful completion of the program.
PSP Pathway options
Within the PSP, students will complete four units of study, one of which is an elective. Students choose the elective appropriate for the SCU course they would like to pursue.
The science elective prepares students with the foundations to undertake degrees in health and clinical sciences such as allied health, nursing, midwifery, psychology; exercise science and nutrition, or for degrees in environmental science and engineering, such as marine science, environmental science, and forestry.
The arts and business elective prepares students with the foundations to study for arts-based degrees, such as education, business and information technology, tourism and hospitality, law, music, visual arts, creative writing, multimedia, social welfare and Indigenous studies.
Gaining entry to your next SCU course
Did you know that:
- students who successfully complete the PSP at SCU are guaranteed a place of study in an SCU course;
- achieving excellent results in the PSP might gain you entry into one of the competitive, highly ranked SCU Bachelor Degrees;
- applying to study your next course with SCU is a free application, directly to SCU.
It's always best to discuss your individual situation, career goals and the timing of your next application with the SCU team in person, over the telephone or via email.
Still have questions? contact us
What do PSP graduates say?
Past students are enthusiastic about the skills they learn and the confidence they gain from completing the PSP program.