Southern Cross University has developed articulation pathways with many leading educational institutions across a range of our courses. Through an articulation pathway you may be eligible to apply for advanced standing (credit) towards a Southern Cross University degree that relates to your previous studies.
How much advanced standing (credit) will I receive?
To find out how much advanced standing (credit) may be awarded for completed studies associated with an existing, articulation arrangement please visit Southern Cross University's Advanced Standing Search.
If you have complete or partially complete studies not associated with an articulation arrangement, you should still apply for advanced standing (credit) as all advanced standing applications are assessed on a case-by-case basis. In certain circumstances you may also be eligible to apply for advanced standing for current and relevant professional experience, skills or expertise. For more information visit our Advanced Standing website.
Applying for Admission and Advanced Standing with SCU
To apply for advanced standing when applying for admission into an SCU course, follow these steps:
- Go to the SCU Course Options at a Glance to confirm course details and identify the application for admission options available for the course. For example, apply online, apply via QTAC or UAC, or apply as an international student.
- Visit Southern Cross University's Advanced Standing Search to find out how much advanced atanding (credit) might be awarded for completed studies associated with an existing articulation arrangement.
- Following a successful advanced standing search, save a copy of the search results showing the advanced standing 'Precedent Reference Code' and credit details.
- If applying for admission via SCU's online application process, enter the Advanced Standing 'Precedent Reference Code' into the relevant online Application and upload evidence of prior study to support the application.
- If applying for admission to SCU through UAC, QTAC or as an international student, simultaniously apply for advanced standing using the 'Advanced Standing Application' form available from the Advanced Standing website.
If the advanced standing search was unsuccessful, you should still apply for advanced standing (using the 'Advanced Standing Applicaiton' form - see step 5. below) as all applications are assessed on an individual basis.
Still have questions? Contact Us
Updated: 25 September 2013