Pathways and Advanced Standing
The course or series of courses you choose will be influenced by your current circumstances, personal and career goals and other factors such as your past academic performance, SCU course entry requirements and any amount of credit for prior learning you might be entitled to receive.
These factors vary from person to person but, no matter what your circumstances, Southern Cross University (SCU) can help you to confidently plan your study and career path in advance by:
- building a career profile based on your natural skills and talents;
- examining your study options and pathways to University; and
- estimating the amount of credit transfer that may apply for prior learning.
If you are an Australian, New Zealander or Humanitarian Visa holder, view the pathway options for future domestic students.
If you are a future international student, view the pathway options for future international students.
If you are a current SCU student view the pathway options for current students.
How much credit may be awarded for prior learning?
Search for Advanced StandingUse the Advanced Standing Search and Calculator to identify how much credit transfer may apply for:
- completed or partially completed studies, attained through an accredited course (formal learning) or non-accredited course, seminar or professional development program (non-formal learning); and/or
- industry experience and expertise, gained through professional standing, paid or voluntary work or community, domestic or leisure activities (in-formal learning).
What if my prior study or experience is not listed?
Can't fine what you are looking for?
If your search is not successful and you believe you are eligible, you should still have your prior learning assessed by applying for Advanced Standing.
How are entry and credit arrangements established?
The University cooperates with educational and industry organisations in Australia and overseas to develop and promote 'articulation arrangements' (linkages and pathways) that facilitate entry (admission) and/or credit transfer (advanced standing) into SCU undergraduate or postgraduate courses.
For further details view Articulation information for organisations.
Still have questions? contact us