Credit Pathways and Advanced Standing
The course or series of courses you choose will be influenced by your current circumstances, personal and career goals and other factors such as your past academic performance SCU course entry requirements and any amount of credit for prior learning you might be entitled to receive.
These factors vary from person to person but, no matter what your circumstances, Southern Cross University (SCU) can help you to:
- build a career profile based on your natural skills and talents; and
- examine your study options so you can confidently plan your study and career path in advance
These linkages and pathways are:
- an excellent bridge between school, TAFE, college and university;
- a supportive learning option to boost your academic skills, confidence and university selection rank;
- a smart way to earn multiple qualifications in the shortest possible time;
- a means of increasing your employability and lifetime earning capacity;
- an ability to work your way through your degree using your vocational work based skills; and
- an opportunity to recognise learning experiences already mastered to save on tuition fees and cut months or years off your degree.
SCU internal pathways can also take you between SCU courses in the shortest possible time, while reciprocal pathways can take you from SCU courses into courses offered by other educational organisations in Australia and overseas.
Guaranteed entry @ SCU
If you hold a current Australian Certificate III or higher qualification (or an equivalent overseas qualification) and you meet the University's minimum English language requirements, you are GUARANTEED ENTRY into an SCU course and a place of study at university.
Credit for related prior learning @ SCU
To help you select the course or series of courses you might study, SCU has evaluated some tertiary qualifications/courses delivered by the SCU College and Schools, TAFE and other Australian and overseas educational institutes to identify how much credit you may receive for your prior learning.
If you can not identify your previous tertiary qualification/course or educational organisation within the SCU approved linkage and pathway arrangements
and you believe you have completed prior learning that is similar to the content of one or more units (subjects) within an SCU course, you should still apply to have your prior learning assessed via our Advanced Standing Process.
Explore SCU Qualification Linkage and Pathway Credit Arrangements
- All Linkages and Pathways to SCU
- All Australian Vocational Qualification Linkages
- TAFE Pathways
- All International Linkages and Pathways
- All International Qualification Linkages
- Options following Preparing for Success at SCU
- SCU Diploma and Associate Degree Progression
- SCU Pathways by SCU College, Schools and Study Discipline
- Pathways from SCU to Other Organisations
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) at SCU
- Recognition of Prior Learning at SCU (including links to the SCU Advanced Standing Website and the SCU Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning Policy)
- SCU Advanced Standing Search (which is only applicable to institute specific Pathways approved by SCU)
- How to apply for advanced standing
- Providing supporting documents
Help to plan your study and career path
Developing Pathways and Linkages with SCU
- Entry and/or Credit Models at SCU
- Apply to Develop Pathways with SCU
- Marketing and Promoting Pathways and Linkages
- Pathway and Linkage Reports, Review and Amendments
Still have questions? contact us
Updated: 08 September 2014