SCU Pathway Arrangements
Your current circumstances, personal and career goals and other factors such as your past academic performance, course entry requirements and any amount of credit for prior learning you might be entitled to receive will influence the course or series of courses you choose - your educational pathway.
These factors vary from person to person but, no matter what your circumstances, Southern Cross University (SCU) can help you examine your pathway options to help you confidently plan your study and career path in advance.
SCU provides pathway options into SCU courses. SCU pathways can also take you between SCU courses in the shortest possible time frame and from SCU courses into courses offered by other educational organisations in Australia and overseas.
SCU pathways are:
- an excellent bridge between school, TAFE, college and university;
- a supportive learning option to boost your academic skills, confidence and university selection rank;
- a smart way to earn multiple qualifications in the shortest possible time;
- a means of increasing your employability and lifetime earning capacity;
- an ability to work your way through your degree using your vocational work based skills; and
- an opportunity to recognise learning experiences already mastered to save on tuition fees and cut months or years off your degree.
If you hold a current Australian Certificate IV or higher qualification (or equivalent overseas qualification), you have demonstrated your commitment to learning and are likely to be a good university candidate. So SCU has evaluated some tertiary qualifications/courses delivered by the SCU College and Schools, TAFE and many other Australian and overseas educational organisations and Qualification Frameworks to determine the equivalence in content and learning outcomes to related SCU courses and to identify how much credit you may receive for your prior learning.
Explore SCU Pathway and Qualification Linkage Arrangements
- All SCU Pathways
- All SCU Qualification Linkages
- All Australian Domestic Pathways
- All Australian Domestic Qualification Linkages
- All International Pathways
- All International Qualification Linkages
- TAFE Pathways
- SCU Preparing for Success Pathways
- SCU Diploma and Associate Degree Pathways
- SCU Pathways by SCU College, Schools and Study Discipline
- Pathways from SCU to Other Organisations
Apply for Advanced Standing
At SCU an Application for Advanced Standing must be submitted to facilitate the assessment of prior learning. Credit in the form of credit points is the value SCU assigns for the recognition of equivalence in content and learning outcomes. If an SCU Pathways exists for the qualification or course you hold you may confirm this by using the SCU Advanced Standing Search.
You should apply for advanced standing even if a search is unsuccessful, particularly if your previous studies are not yet part of a published pathway, are partially complete or if you are applying for advanced standing on the basis of your previous professional experience.
Still have questions? Contact Us for further information.
Updated: 11 December 2013