Credit Pathways and Advanced Standing
The course or series of courses you choose will be influenced by your current circumstances, personal and career goals and other factors such as your past academic performance SCU course entry requirements and any amount of credit for prior learning you might be entitled to receive.
These factors vary from person to person but, no matter what your circumstances, Southern Cross University (SCU) can help you to:
- build a career profile based on your natural skills and talents; and
- examine your study options so you can confidently plan your study and career path in advance
Guaranteed entry @ SCU
If you hold a current Australian Certificate III or higher qualification (or an equivalent overseas qualification) and you meet the University's minimum English language requirements, you are GUARANTEED ENTRY into an SCU course and a place of study at university.
View further information about SCU Entry Requirements and Alternative Entry Arrangements.
Credit for related prior learning @ SCU
To help you select the course or series of courses you might study, SCU has evaluated some tertiary qualifications/courses delivered by the SCU College and Schools, TAFE and other Australian and overseas educational institutes to identify how much credit you may receive for your prior learning.
- view all of the determined SCU credit arrangements for All Qualification Credit Linkages and Institute Specific Pathways approved by SCU.
If you can not identify your previous tertiary qualification/course or educational organisation and you believe you have completed prior learning that is similar to the learning outcomes of one or more units (subjects) within an SCU course, you should still apply to have your prior learning assessed via our Advanced Standing Process.
Explore SCU approved credit arrangements
- All Linkages and Pathways to SCU
- Progression following Preparing for Success at SCU Program
- SCU Diploma and Associate Degree Progression
- AQF Vocational Qualification Linkages applicable to Domestic and International students studying in Australia on a student visa
- TAFE Pathways
- All International Linkages and Pathways
- Pathways from SCU to other Organisations
Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) and Advanced Standing at SCU
- Recognition of Prior Learning at SCU (including links to the SCU Advanced Standing Website and the SCU Advanced Standing and Recognition of Prior Learning Policy)
- How to apply for advanced standing
- Providing supporting documents
- Lodging an Advanced Standing Application
Information for other educational organisations about developing pathways with SCU
- Entry and/or Credit Models at SCU
- Apply to Develop Pathways with SCU
- Academic Evidence for Content Mapping
- Content Mapping to Inform Standard Credit Decisions
- Marketing and Promoting Pathways and Linkages
- Pathway and Linkage Review and Amendments
Still have questions? contact us
Updated: 12 December 2014