Study tours are offered across all three campuses for students who want to learn English while experiencing a taste of life and study in Australia. These programs are available only to participants on visas other than a student visa. We run specifically designed study tour programs for school-aged, university level, professional and other groups. We offer one, two, three, four and ten week programs. If you have a special program you would like delivered, please contact us!
A range of study tours are on offer including English classes, vocational lectures and relevant industry visits e.g. childcare, tourism, information technology, tropical horticulture, animal husbandry, aquaculture, organic growing, agribusiness, hairdressing, beautician program, marine studies, etc.
Social and recreational activities to many of the tourist attractions in northern NSW and Queensland can also be included.
Programs can include low, medium or high cost activities. Homestay, tuition, activities, bus charges and the cost of Activity Officers are included in quotes.
2017 Study tour - an example of what's included
- Meet and Greet at Brisbane International Airport by an SCU representative
- Meet and Introduction to Homestay families at SCU, Lismore Campus
- Twin share Homestay (own room) with three meals each day, plus transport to/from campus
- An integrated English language program
- Day trip to Currumbin Wildlife Park including transport, entry and photo with koala
- Overnight Ballina camp experience, including transport, visit to Maritime Museum, accommodation and meals at camp
- Day trip to Byron Bay including transport and surfing lesson
- Day trip farm experience to House-with-no-steps and Macadamia Castle including transport and entry fees
- Weekend Gold Coast trip and Skytower including transport and accommodation
- Day trip to local school and nature reserve, including transport and BBQ lunch
- English soft skills training: organisational skills, presentation skills, group work skills (cooperation), and service industry communication
- Orientation test on arrival, progress monitored throughout course
- Graduation Ceremony and completion document
- One chaperone included: Transport with students, Currumbin Wildlife entry and photo, Ballina camp accommodation and meals, Macadamia Castle entry
- Native Speaking Activities Officer included on activities
- On call 24/7 assistance available during the tour
- Transport to Brisbane International Airport on departure
- All other entries unless listed above are optional and at cost to the student
- Personal travel insurance
- Once payment has been made, study tour program schedules will not be renegotiated or changed, SCU College reserves the right to cancel or postpone activities due to matters beyond our control (e.g. weather conditions).
- Students on the Study Tour who undertake activities outside of the program do so at their own risk, SCU College will not organise or book activities outside their scheduled program; and, students will organise those themselves or book through a travel agent.
- Refunds as per the SCU Refund Policy
10% non-refundable deposit is required 8 weeks before arrival 90% paid within 2 weeks of arrival.
An example study tour itinerary: English classes at SCU Lismore, activities at Gold Coast, Byron Bay and surrounds.
For more information about study tour activities available at all campuses or to discuss your individual study tour and the cost, email: email@example.com.
General English Study Tour:
"We were surrounded by English speakers, from Australia and overseas. It was a good opportunity to get to know other cultures." Hiroki, Japan
Nursing English Program:
"I could learn about the Australian health care system through guest speakers and visits to local hospitals. It was a very valuable time for me." Sunghee, Korea
"At the Wildlife Park I learnt all about Australian animals. The swimming at the Gold Coast was very good!" Jena, Indonesia