General English (GE)
Southern Cross University offers General English classes at the following levels (classes may be mixed-level ability):
- Pre-Intermediate English
- Intermediate English
- Upper-Intermediate English
- Advanced English (through English for Academic Purposes classes)
Classes range from five to 50 weeks depending on your needs and future plans. You may start on any Monday except during holidays (Easter and Christmas). In these classes you will learn speaking, listening, reading and writing with a focus on communicative English. You will have the opportunity to develop verbal and literacy skills as well as cognitive skills and strategies for learning and using English in other spheres of learning, including self-study. Our General English classes offer many opportunities for conversation with English speakers.
To study General English students must be on a tourist, student or a working holiday visa under which class attendance is strictly monitored as per Attendance Policy for ELICOS Programs apply to individuals on a student visa.
General English entry dates for 2017
Lismore, Coffs Harbour and Gold Coast campuses
You may start on any Monday. Classes are held Monday to Friday, except during the following holiday periods:
- Easter: Friday 14 April 2017 - Sunday 23 April 2017
- Christmas: Saturday 23 December 2017 - Tuesday 2 January 2018
- Monday 9 April 2018 - Sunday 15 April 2018
- Monday 20 August 2018 - Sunday 26 August 2018
- Monday 24 December 2018 - Tuesday 1 January 2019