t: +61 6620 3576
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Khulna University, Khulna, Bangladesh, 2006
MSc in Pharmaceutical Technology, University of Asia Pacific, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2008
Amina's research focuses on the understanding the role of cereal lipids in the quality of cereal grains. It involves optimization of cereal lipid extraction and analysis methods and evaluation of role of cereal lipids for health benefits. Her supervisors are Dr. Lei (Ben) Liu and Dr. Daniel Waters, Southern Cross Plant Science, Southern Cross University.
Amina has been engaged as an academic in different universities of Bangladesh since 2006. Along with taking Pharmacy undergraduate classes, she was involved with different practical classes and undergraduate project supervision. Her research interest was focused on the evaluation of different medicinal plants of Bangladesh, especially mangrove plants for their phytochemicals and in-vitro and in-vivo pharmacological properties.
Awards and Scholarships
2015: International Postgraduate Research Scholarship (IPRS) and Australian Postgraduate Award (APA), Australian Government, Department of Education and Training.
2002-2005: Merit Award, Khulna University.
1999-2001: National Merit Scholarship, Peoples' Government of Bangladesh, Jessore Board of Intermediate and Secondary Education.
1996: Junior Scholarship.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Rahman MM, Hossain H, Jahan IA, Nesa ML. Antioxidant, antinociceptive and CNS activities of Viscum orientale and high sensitive quantification of bioactive polyphenols by UPLC. Frontiers in Pharmacology, 2016.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Nesa ML, Hossain H, Jahan IA. Bioactive polyphenols from the methanol extract of Cnicus arvensis (L.) Roth demonstrated antinociceptive and central nervous system depressant activities in mice. Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, 2015; 2015: 7 pages.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Akter A, Islam S, Akter M, Kabir S. Bioactivity of the bark of Macaranga indica Wight Ic (Euphorbiaceae). World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, 2014; 3(10): 172-182.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Haque T, Rahman MM, Akter M, Akter S, Jhumur A. Cytotoxicity potentials of eleven Bangladeshi medicinal plants. The Scientific World Journal, 2014; 2014: 1-7.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Jahan S. Preliminary phytochemical and pharmacological screening of Murraya exotica Linn. leaves extract. Oriental Pharmacy and Experimental Medicine, 2014, 14(3):223-229.
- Khatun A, Chowdhury UK, Jahan A, Rahman M. Cytotoxic and thrombolytic activity of the aerial part of Cestrum diurnum L. (Solanaceae). Pharmacology Online, 2014; 1: 109-113.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Islam MM, Akter MN, Chowdhury SA, Khan MAA, Shahid MIZ, Rahman AA. Evaluation of antimicrobial, cytotoxic, thrombolytic properties and total phenolic content of Cinnamomum tamala. International Journal of Green Pharmacy, 2013; 7(3): 236-243.
- Rahman M, Dey SK, Hira A, Ahmed A, Hawlader MSI, Khatun A, Siraj MA. Phytochemical screening and pharmacological activities of Entada scandens seeds. International Journal of Applied Research in Natural Products, 2013; 6(1): 20-26.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Kabir S, Akter MN, Chowdhury SA. Phytochemical and pharmacological properties of the methanolic extract of Ardisia humilis Vahl. (Myrsinaceae). International Journal of Research in Ayurveda and Pharmacy, 2013; 4(1): 38-41.
- Nayeem AA, Khatun A, Rahman MS, Rahman M. Evaluation of phytochemical and pharmacological properties of Mikania cordata (Asteraceae) leaves. Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytotherapy, 2011; 3(8): 118-123.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Rahman SM, Rashid MA. Antioxidant, antimicrobial and cytotoxic activities of Vitis trifolia Linn. Journal of Dhaka International University, 2010; 1(1): 181-184.
- Ahmed F, Sadhu SK, Ohtsuki T, Khatun A, Ishibashi M. Glycosides from Vallaris solanaceae with TRAIL-resistance-overcoming activity. Heterocycles, 2010; 80(1): 477-488.
- Ahmed F, Reza MSH, Shahid IZ, Khatun A, Islam KK, Ali MR. Antibacterial and antinociceptive activities of Hoya parasitica. Hamdard Medicus, 2008; 51(3): 22-26.
- Sadhu SK, Khatun A, Ohtsuki T, Ishibashi M. Constituents from Hoya parasitica and their cell growth inhibitory activity. Planta Medica, 2008; 74(7): 760-763.
- Ahmed F, Shahid IZ, Khatun A, Subhan N. Antidiarrhoeal and neuropharmacological activities of Avicennia officinalis Linn. Hamdard Medicus, 2008; 51(1): 18-23.
- Sadhu SK, Khatun A, Ohtsuki T, Ishibashi M. First isolation of sesquiterpenes and flavonoids from Zingiber spectabile and identification of zerumbone as the major cell growth inhibitory component. Natural Products Research, 2007; 21(14): 1242-1247.
- Sadhu SK, Khatun A, Phattanawasin P, Ohtsuki T, Ishibashi M. Lignan glycosides and flavonoids from Saraca asoca with antioxidant activity. Journal of Natural Medicine, 2007; 61(4): 480-482.
- Sadhu SK, Ahmed F, Khatun A, Ohtsuki T, Ishibashi M. Constituents from Hoya parasitica and Vallaris solanaceae, 54th Annual Meeting of the Japanese Society of Pharmacognosy, Nagoya, 18-19 September, 2007, Abstract p. 194.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Islam MR, Shilpi JA, Uddin SJ, Hossain G, Sadhu SK. Application of PCR technology in agriculture in Bangladesh, International Conference on Biotechnology, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 25-26 May 2013.
- Khatun A, Rahman M, Akter KA, Naheed M, Tabassum F, Mahmud A, Uddin MA, Khan DAH, Hossain DB. Outbreak of Chikungunya virus in Bangladesh in November 2011: A case report. Global Conference on Community Health, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 19-21 March, 2014.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Rashid HA, Sufian MA, Salam FBA, Khan MIH, Chadni SH, Sukul A, Uddin MN. Methods for bio-evaluation of traditional medicines. AYNUS International Ayurvedic & Traditional Medicine Conference. 29 November, 2014, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Rahman M, Khatun A, Ganguly A, Mahmud A. Towards universal health coverage through traditional medicines in Bangladesh: hurdles and dues. 4th AYUNS International Ayurvedic & Traditional Medicine Conference. 5 March, 2016, Senate building, University of Dhaka, Dhaka, Bangladesh.