Natural Product Extraction
SCPS Analytical Research Laboratory (ARL) manages a Plant Extraction and Natural Products Production pilot Facility. This is dedicated to natural product and process development including contract manufacturing, serving the nutraceutical, pharmaceutical, veterinary and biotechnology industries.
The ARL Extraction Facility has the capability to grind, extract, filter, concentrate and dry large quantities of plant material. The SCPS ARL Plant Extraction Facility routinely processes quantities ranging from a few hundred grams to several hundred kilograms, filling the gap between laboratory and industrial scale operations.
SCPS ARL Extraction Facility services include:
- New product development and registration support
- Process development, scale-up and validation
- Sample preparation (grinding and drying)
- Temperature controlled percolation
- Accelerated solvent extraction
- Steam and vacuum distillation
- Solvent recovery
- Concentration to specification
- Freeze drying capabilities
- Walk in temperature controlled drying and storage
Pilot and semi-commercial scale extraction vessels are constructed from 316 stainless steel or glass, vessel capacities range include 10L, 15L, 50L and 500L