Ballina Shire Council Scholarship 2017
Ballina Shire Council has been supporting Ballina residents in their SCU studies for a number of years.
It is possible that this scholarship will be on offer again in 2017.
The scholarship preference is likely to be a future student who did not complete Year 12 in 2017 and who is commencing studying at Lismore campus in 2018. However, any Ballina resident commencing undergraduate study for the first time is encouraged to apply.
Not currently open for application.
$5000 per year for 3 years (paid after successful completion of each session).
Course of study
Any undergraduate degree on-campus at SCU. But preference will be given to commencing students at the Lismore campus then either Coffs Harbour or Gold Coast.
Selection criteria in 2017 was as follows
Applicants applying for the Ballina Shire Council Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. They must reside within the Ballina Shire and will be commencing full-time undergraduate studies at SCU in 2017. Selection will be based on:
- Applicant undertaking their first University degree.
- The student enrolling to study full-time on-campus.
- Academic achievement - qualify for admission or be enrolled in any full-time undergraduate degree at Lismore campus in 2017. Consideration will also be given to undergraduates studying at the Gold Coast and Coffs Harbour campuses.
- Preference will be given (but not limited to), a mature age student (that is someone who did not complete high school in 2016) and/or indigenous applicants.
- The selection committee will also consider the applicants personal maturity and social responsibility. The applicant should answer the scholarship application questions. Shortlisted applicants may also be required to participate in an interview (by phone or in person).