Indigenous Australian Student Services Technology Bursary 2017-2018
The Indigenous Australian Student Services (IASS) Technology Bursary assist students in setting up modern computing requirements for university study.
2017 Session 3
Complete the Session 3, 2017 IASS Scholarship and Bursaries Application by 8 November 2017.
2018 Session 1
Complete the Session 1, 2018 IASS Scholarship and Bursaries Application by 28 February 2018.
- Session 3, 2017: 1 available
- Session 1, 2018: 10 available
- Session 2, 2018: 6 available
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any course of study at Southern Cross University.
Applicants for the Indigenous Australian Student Services Technology Bursary must be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander in accordance with the Commonwealth definition studying any program at Southern Cross University.
- The selection committee will look at responses to the following criteria as part of the selection process.
- How you would benefit from the Technology Bursary?
- Briefly outline any voluntary work/contributions you have made to your community and/or society.
- What are your career goals and aspirations?
- Bursary is only available for applicants who have either recently purchased a desktop computer, laptop or tablet device or have a quote for such a product. Applicant must provide proof of purchase or quote which must be dated from the 1 January 2017 or more recent.
- Applicants can only receive one Technology Bursary per degree for each level of award they study (i.e. one per Bachelor, one per Honours and another for postgraduate degrees).
- Students receiving other scholarships or bursaries may still be eligible for a Technology Bursary.