Indigenous Commonwealth Education Costs Scholarship 2017
Complete the online application via UAC.
- Session 1, 2017 applications opened 3 August 2016 and close 2 March 2017
- Session 2, 2017 applications opened 3 August 2016 and close 22 June 2017
- Session 1, 2017: 23 available
- Session 2, 2017: 10
$1318.50 per half year for up to four years (2017 value, indexed annually). Scholarships commencing after Session 1, 2017 will receive only the one payment in 2017
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
- Any undergraduate degree
- Studying full-time (part-time may be considered)
- Must be enrolled in a Commonwealth Supported Place
Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander status
For the purposes of the assessment of Indigenous commonwealth scholarship, a person will be considered to be an Indigenous person where:
- Is of Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent and
- Identifies as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander and
- Is accepted as an Australian Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander in the community in which he/she lives or has lived.
Applicants must be an Australian Citizen
Low socio-economic status
Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status by demonstrating one of the following:
- Receiving or expecting to receive a Centrelink means-tested income support payment (such as ABSTUDY, Disability Support Pension, Parenting Payment Single, Carer Payment etc.)
- Provide evidence of exception financial hardship
- Dependent students aged between 16-20 years whose parent/guardian was in receipt of Family Tax Benefit (FTB) Part A in the year before commencing studies at SCU.
You are not eligible for consideration if you:
- Already hold a bachelor's degree or higher level award, unless the award you hold is a prerequisite to the course you are enrolled in (or will be enrolled in).
- Will be receiving a Student Start Up Scholarship in 2017 or a Centrelink Income-contingent loan.