Summerland Credit Union Scholarship 2017
The Summerland Credit Union is SCU's first scholarship donor and has been supporting SCU students through to graduation for around 20 years.
It is likely that this scholarship will be offered again in 2017.
Not currently open for application.
Likely to be 1
$5000 per year for three years.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
A future student commencing in any undergraduate program, any campus.
Selection criteria in 2017 was as follows
Applicants for the Summerland Credit Union Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing study in any undergraduate program at any SCU campus and selection based on:
- Academic achievement: an expected ATAR of 80+ (or interstate equivalent), should be used as a guide for eligibility (this criteria is not applicable in the award of early scholarships).
- Personal maturity and social responsibility, evidenced by contributions to school/college and community life, and by the comments the School/College Principal or nominee.
- Any evidence of outstanding performance under conditions of hardship.
- Applicants must reside within the boundaries of Currumbin (north), Coffs Harbour (south) and Woodenbong/Bonalbo (west).
- Applicants must either:
- Apply for and receive offers of admission via the STAR Early Entry.
- Successfully completed the SCU Head-Start program in Session 1, 2016 or sometime in 2015.