Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship 2018
This scholarship which provides a stipend of $5000 is named in honour of Professor Neil Leiper (obit). Now sadly passed away, Professor Leiper was a key figure in the field of tourism studies and a respected academic of Southern Cross University.
The Professor Neil Leiper Tourism Honours Scholarship will be awarded to an outstanding student studying the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours degree full time in the School of Business and Tourism. It is expected that the successful student will complete a study which addresses a topic related to the broad theme of tourism management.
$5000 (two payments of $2500 per session).
Course of study
Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program at Lismore, Gold Coast or Coffs Harbour.
- Formal acceptance into the Bachelor of Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management with Honours program.
- Applicants to indicate their proposed Honours research proposal topic utilising the prescribed School of Business and Tourism Honours Research proposal template, accompanied by their CV.
- The recipient is to undertake their Honours program on a full-time basis either on-campus (internal) or by online study.
- Short listed applicants may be required to participate in an interview.
- To receive the second instalment or the scholarship, the recipient must maintain a credit average. Payment shall be made upon successful submission of the Honours Thesis.