The Bowen Scholarship 2017
This scholarship is funded jointly through the Northern Rivers Community Foundation and Southern Cross University and has been awarded to one or two recipients every year since 2009.
Complete the 2017 SCU Scholarship Application by 20 December 2016.
In 2017 it is expected that up to 2 places will be available.
$2500 for one year.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Commencing in any undergraduate program, on-campus or distance education
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Living within the footprint for SCU. That is the applicant's permanent residence is within the boundaries of NSW Central Coast in the south, west to the NSW/SA border and north to the Darling Downs in Queensland and east to include the Greater Gold Coast.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in 2016 HSC or offer of entry as a mature age student.
- Ability to meet predetermined criteria for financial disadvantage.
- Ability to demonstrate other disadvantage or hardship.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to the region through their contribution to their school and/or broader community, supported by the comments of their school or nominee.
Applicants to this scholarship are strongly encouraged to also apply for an SCU Equity Scholarship.