The Bowen Scholarship 2016
This scholarship is funded jointly through the Northern Rivers Community Foundation and Southern Cross University and has been awarded to one or two recipients every year since 2009.
Complete the 2016 SCU Scholarship Application by 20 December 2015.
Up to 2
$2500 for one year.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Commencing in any undergraduate program, on-campus or distance education
- Australian citizens or permanent residents
- Living within the Northern Rivers region - Tweed Heads, Nimbin, Kyogle, Lismore, Casino, Ballina and Byron Bay areas.
- Demonstrated academic achievement in 2015 HSC or offer of entry as a mature age student.
- Ability to meet predetermined criteria for financial disadvantage.
- Ability to demonstrate other disadvantage or hardship.
- Ability to demonstrate commitment to the region through their contribution to their school and/or broader community, supported by the comments of their school or nominee.
Applicants to this scholarship are strongly encouraged to also apply for an SCU Equity Scholarship.
Updated: 22 July 2015