SCU Strengthening Participation Scholarship 2017
The SCU Strengthening Participation Scholarship has been offered for a number of years now. The scholarships are awarded to students from a low-income background who are completing their HSC (or equivalent) in 2016 and who demonstrate commendable academic performance, leadership and contribution to community. Scholarship recipients will be given opportunities to develop their leadership abilities through a special program and professional development activities such as Uni-Bound and UniMentor.
Complete the 2017 SCU Scholarship Application by 31 December 2016.
$8000 over three years.
- 1st year: $2000 paid in two instalments of $1000 each
- 2nd year: $3000 paid in two instalments of $1500 each
- 3rd year: $3000 paid in two instalments of $1500 each
See Information for Recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Commencing in any Bachelor degree, any campus or by distance education.
Applicants for the SCU Strengthening Participation Scholarship must be Australian citizens or permanent residents commencing study in any Bachelor degree at any SCU campus or by distance education.
Selection is based on:
- Completion of Year 12 (or equivalent) in 2016.
- Acceptance of enrolment in a Bachelor degree commencing in 2017.
- Applicants must meet the criteria for low socio-economic status, demonstrated by supporting documentation.
- Applicants must demonstrate their motivation and aptitude for tertiary study in their answer to the scholarship questions and this must be supported through either principal's recommendation (STAR), grades achieved through Head-Start, ATAR or HSC/Year 12 results.
- Applicants must have demonstrated their abilities in leadership in a written statement and indicate a willingness to engage in further opportunities to develop their leadership skills as valued graduate attributes.
Leadership development opportunities
As a condition of this scholarship, successful recipients will be asked to engage in programs such as the UniMentor Program, UNI-BOUND High School Outreach Program, and a number of other activities designed to provide leadership experience.