Supports an international student currently studying at Southern Cross University or another Australian university wanting to progress from an undergraduate to a postgraduate qualification or from two consecutive sessions of study abroad to a full degree at Southern Cross University.
Follow the instructions on the Advancement Scholarship Application which you can find on SCU International’s downloads page.
$4000. Paid in the second session of full time study as a reduction in tuition fee.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Note Applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- The applicant is an international onshore student.
- The student is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia and New Zealand.
- The student must receive an offer to a full undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- Completed either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at Southern Cross University, or two sessions of Study Abroad at Southern Cross University, or an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at an Australian university.
- Meet the minimum admission entry requirements of the University including English language proficiency:
- Undergraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to Australian Year 12 and the required entry grade for the program for which they have applied; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5*
- Postgraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.5*
* Please note variations may apply for certain courses please refer to scu.edu.au/courses and check the admission requirements.
- Students must successfully complete all units in their first session, by obtaining at least a pass in all units, to remain eligible for the scholarship.