Vice Chancellor's Academic Excellence Scholarship
For academically outstanding future international students in all fields of study. The key criteria for students is to exceed the academic and English entry requirements for the program and present themselves as an outstanding academic candidate.
Follow the instructions on the Vice Chancellor’s Academic Excellence Scholarship Application which you can find on SCU International's downloads page.
$5000. Paid in the second session of full-time study as a reduction in tuition fee.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Note Applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- The applicant is an international onshore student.
- The student is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
- The student must receive an offer to a full undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- Must, as determined by the Manager, International Admissions, exceed the minimum admission entry requirements of the University including English language proficiency:
- Undergraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to Australian Year 12 and the required entry grade for the program for which they have applied; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 overall with no band less than 5.5*
- Postgraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.5*
* Please note variations may apply for certain courses please refer to scu.edu.au/courses and check the admission requirements.
- Students must successfully complete all units in their first session, by obtaining at least a pass in all units, to remain eligible for the scholarship.