Dr Alan Phan Scholarship
In memory of a famous SCU Alumni – Dr Alan Phan. This scholarship is only offered to Vietnamese students with excellent academic standards, who want to pursue an undergraduate or postgraduate degree in business or tourism at Southern Cross University.
Follow the instructions on the Dr Alan Phan Scholarship Application which you can find on SCU International's downloads page.
$4000. Paid in the second session of full-time study as a reduction in tuition fee.
See Information for recipients for details about general conditions and payments.
Course of study
Any undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Note applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- The applicant is an international onshore student from Vietnam.
- The student is not a citizen or permanent resident of Australia or New Zealand.
- The student must receive an offer to a full undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree from the School of Business and Tourism at either the Gold Coast, Lismore or Coffs Harbour campus. Applications either from or into a pathway program (e.g. diploma, graduate certificate or graduate diploma) will not be accepted.
- Student is demonstrably academically gifted.
- Meet the minimum admission entry requirements of the University including English language proficiency:
- Undergraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to Australian Year 12 and the required entry grade for the program for which they have applied; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.0 with no band less than 5.5
- Postgraduate entry: A qualification equivalent to an Australian Bachelor degree; and English language comparable to Academic IELTS 6.5 and no band less than 6.0
- Students must successfully complete all units in their first session, by obtaining at least a pass in all units, to remain eligible for the scholarship.