Funding Application FAQs
- How do I get approval to submit an external research grant application?
- What other certifications may be required?
- What is 'expert review'?
- What is 'compliance review'?
- My application is an Expression of Interest (EOI), or Preliminary Research Proposal (RRP). What is required of me at this first stage?
- Written evidence from all investigators of their willingness to participate in the project
- Evidence of career interruption, or date of PhD conferral
- SCU organisational sign off (in addition to the Project Pre-approval form)
- Letters of support
The grants team can advise which certifications are needed and arrange for Office of Research signatures where required.
As it can sometimes take weeks to obtain all the certifications required, it is essential that you contact the Grants Team very early in the process to ensure signatures can be obtained prior to submission of your application.
Please note, this is not a technical review, and it is highly recommended that you also obtain peer review from colleagues in your discipline.
As you will need time to incorporate suggestions made in your application, internal deadlines for expert review will apply.
Please note that the application draft sent to the Grants Team for compliance review should be a fully polished, edited and formatted version that has been well-proofed for typographical or other errors.
Internal deadlines will apply for compliance review. Contact a member of the Grants Team for updated advice.