Institute for Development, Environment and Sustainability (IDEAS)
Welcome to the Southern Cross University Institute for Development, Environment and Sustainability (IDEAS). The Director of the Institute is Professor Peter Harrison.
IDEAS supports a diverse range of researchers and postgraduate students in four key Research Centres:
- Centre for Coastal Biogeochemistry Research
- Forest Research Centre
- Marine Ecology Research Centre
- Southern Cross GeoScience.
IDEAS aims to focus the multidisciplinary skills and outstanding research expertise of its members on help solve important regional, national and international environmental management problems.
Key research themes include:
- Threatened species management (including wildlife, whales and dolphins)
- Critical habitat restoration and management (including forests, coral reefs and wetlands)
- Environmental biogeochemistry
- Waste and pollution management.