Skip to Content

Research Publications

All SCU academic and professional staff, adjunct associates and students are required to register their research publications with the publications team for entry in the Research Management System (IRMA).

Research publications data is used for internal and external reporting purposes.

Internal reporting

School / SRC reporting, management reports, budgetary predictions, academic promotions, SCU annual reports etc.

External reporting

Excellence in Research Australia (ERA)

Through the Australian Research Council (ARC) the Australian government conducts the ERA data collection to assess the quality of research outputs produced over a long-term period. For further information, see Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA).


How to register your research publications

Reportable publication types

What types of publications should be registered

Choosing a reputable publisher

Guidelines to choosing a publisher for your research