Your university experience begins now. Orientation helps you make sense of university by:
- Getting to know SCU's facilities and services
- Learning how to access the wide range of support available
- Preparing you for study
- Understanding your course and meeting your teaching staff
- Connecting you with your fellow students while enjoying a range of social events
Plan your Orientation
Orientation blends essential information sessions to get you ready for study with fun events to get you connected. Follow these steps to make the most of your Orientation:
View the Lismore Orientation program: 17-19 June. Here you'll find out:
- When and where to meet your School Host? Be welcomed by a friendly face who will guide you to your Course Informaton Session ...
- Morning of Wednesday 17 June for students in:
- B Clinical Sciences
- B Nursing
- B Sport and Exercise Science
- B Indigenous Studies
- B Trauma and Healing.
- Morning of Thursday 18 June for students in:
- B Arts/B of Education (Primary)
- B Arts/B of Education (Primary/Early Childhood)
- B Arts/B of Education (Primary/Secondary)
- B Arts/B of Education (Secondary)
- B Education (Secondary)
- B Environmental Science
- B Environmental Science/B of Marine Science and Management
- B Forest Science and Management
- B Marine Science and Management
- B Regional and Urban Planning (Honours)
- B Science with Honours
- Grad Dip Forest Science and Management
- M Forest Science and Management.
- Morning of Friday 19 June for students in:
- Preparing for Success at SCU Program
- AssocDeg Arts
- AssocDeg Business
- AssocDeg Science
- B Contemporary Studies
- B Arts
- B Media
- B Social Science
- B Business
- B Business Administration
- B Business in Tourism and Hospitality Management
- Morning of Wednesday 17 June for students in:
- What are the Essential Orientation sessions to attend? (indicated with an orange border)
- Decide which other Orientation session will help you to get ready - such as Library, Technology Services, Career Development Service and Academic Skills sessions.
- What are the fun social activities you'd like to join in?
Get to know your campus and be ready for Orientation with the tips below.
U Discover SCU Online Quiz
by participating in this online quiz, you will find out all the SCU services and information that will assist you to succeed in your studies. The SCU U Discover Online quiz will be open on Monday 15 June at 9am and close on Friday 19 June at midnight. The lucky commencing student whose entry is drawn out and has answered this quiz correctly, receives an Ipad Air 2 and case worth over $1000 - this prize is kindly supported and funded by the Student Services Amenity Fee.
Opens Mon 15 June 9:00am AEST. Closes Frid 19 June, 11:59 PM AEST.
Where to park
For information on how to travel to Lismore campus and what parking is available please go to the Travel to SCU page.
How to read the classroom/lecture theatre room numbers
The letter is the name of the block, the first number (usually 1 or 2) means the level/floor the room is on: 1 is the ground floor or bottom level, 2 means it is up one level/floor. The number after the decimal point is the room number on that floor.
Example: B2.31 means that the room is in B Block, it is upstairs and is room 31.
See the Lismore campus map to find where particular places are located.
The Goodman Plaza is the heart of student life on campus, the central location for student enquiries and a great place to have lunch. This where you will find the Student Centre, UniLife, Career Development Service, Equity and Diversity (the home of UniMentor), Chaplaincy, LEXSA (your student association), Student Advocacy Office, The Co-op, Summerland Credit Union, Campus Living Villages office, and a variety of places to grab a coffee or a bite to eat.
The Learning Centre
The Library and some Academic Skills staff are housed in the Learning Centre in the Plaza at Lismore campus. Facilities include 90 desktop PCs, seven meeting rooms for group study work, wireless connectivity, face-to-face help, collaborative spaces, and the Water Dragon Café.
The Deck, SCU UniBar
The The Deck, SCU UniBar is the student bar at Lismore campus; open for coffee, lunch, live music and theme party nights. It's a great place to study, play a game of table tennis and catch up with friends.
SCU Fitness for You
SCU Fitness for You provides great student rates to access the 33m heated indoor swimming pool, as well as the fully equipped gym, cardio area and a great variety of Les Mills fitness classes to choose from. Fully trained personal trainers are also on site at all times for assistance.
- Lismore Bus Timetables (NR Buslines)
- SCU Lismore Campus Safety Shuttle Bus
- Public transport timetables
- Town Maps
- Visitor Information Centre
- Lismore campus map
- Travel to SCU
Updated: 28 May 2015