The EndNote program enables you to store and manage your references, to create bibliographies and to use the "Cite While You Write" feature.
For information about using the EndNote program, please refer to the EndNote LibGuide
This download is for staff and students of SCU only.
- Note: It is essential that you extract the contents of this zip file before you attempt to run the install program. See the video and instructions for Mac or Windows on this page.
- Once you have read the instructions, fill out the EndNote User Licence Agreement. You will then be taken to the download page.
- The licence form must be completed annually.
Install Instructions for Windows
- Save the zip file from the Download page - know where you have saved it, or know where your browser saves downloads
- Extract the contents of the zip file - there are 2 files inside the zip file: Enx8Inst.msi and Licence.dat.
They need to be fully extracted in order to work properly:
Right-click the zip file, look for an "extract all" option and choose where to extract the files to.
If you do not have an "extract all" option, try viewing the zip file in Windows Explorer or My Computer - Browse to view your desktop and then do a single-click on the zip file - you will see the contents of the zip file in the right pane, do you get an "extract all files" button appearing at the top left of this window? Click this button.
- Double-click the Enx8Inst.msi file to start the installation.
- After installing EndNote, you can delete the zip file and the extracted folder & contents.
Install Instructions for Mac
Warning for Macintosh users with Sierra OS: this is compatible only with EndNote X8.
- Download the .dmg file from the link on the Download page
- Double-click the .dmg file to mount it
- When the following window appears, click on the EndNote X8 folder icon and drag it onto the picture of the Applications folder
- Then open your Applications folder in Finder
- Open the EndNote X8 folder and run the program EndNote X8
Proceed with the download
Once you have read the instructions, fill out the EndNote User Licence Agreement. You will then be taken to the download page.