Why work at SCU?
Southern Cross University (SCU) is committed to enriching our community through the excellence of our scholarship and the achievement of our graduates. Our Values and strategic objectives inform the way we work with each other and connect with our students and our community.
If you share our Values and are looking for a great working environment, rewarding career and relaxed lifestyle it can be yours with a career at SCU. We offer:
- Professional learning opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- Excellent benefits
- Wellbeing initiatives
- Location, location, location
At SCU we are committed to providing professional learning opportunities for our employees. Starting with your induction and continuing throughout your career, opportunities will be available for your continued development.
We try to help our employees balance their work and life commitments by offering real flexibility through initiatives such as flexitime, the deferred salary scheme and variations in employment together with generous leave provisions and flexible return to work provisions after periods of parental leave.
The benefits at SCU enhance the total package we offer our employees and include:
- Excellent employer sponsored superannuation provisions with the University contributing up to 17% of salary;
- Salary sacrificing opportunities which allow employees to maximise their after-tax salary;
- Relocation assistance for eligible new employees;
- Financial assistance for employees studying;
- Recognition for outstanding service through programs such as the VC's Awards for Excellence and the Rewards Program for Professional Employees.
Through initiatives such as the employee wellness program, employee assistance program and the SCU Staff Sports Fun Day we encourage and give our employees the opportunity to enhance their personal health and wellness. See our Wellness @ SCU website for more details.
If you are looking for a lifestyle change, consider what our region has to offer.
Our diverse campuses located in Lismore, Coffs Harbour and the Gold Coast are close to the beautiful beaches of Southern Queensland and northern New South Wales and some of Australian's most spectacular word heritage listed reserves, national parks and rainforests.
The region's diversity and relaxed lifestyle are reflected in a busy calendar of theatrical, artistic and musical events and a vast range of outdoor activities to engage every age group.
Further information on these and other initiatives is available from the HR website.
Updated: 19 September 2016