Hints for your application
Your application will be more competitive if you clearly address each of the selection criteria and your relevant skills and experience are clearly stated. It is important that you outline relevant information and achievements in your application - achievements can be overlooked in a curriculum vitae (CV).
Suggestions for preparing your application include:
- Clearly addressing all parts of the selection criteria
- Giving examples of how you meet the criteria.
- Being concise and accurate
- Being results-oriented
- Considering our values and strategic priorities
Clearly addressing all parts of the selection criteria
- Make a separate heading for each criteria.
- Identify each element of the criteria and structure your answers to clearly address and provide evidence of how you meet each element.
Giving examples of how you meet the criteria
- Use your previous work experience, community work, education or interests to provide examples of your experience and achievements.
- Where necessary, support your claims by qualifying how you did it; how well you did it, what challenges you faced and how you overcame them.
Being concise and accurate
- Avoid using acronyms, technical jargon or phrases that the selection panel may not understand.
- Do not include claims that you cannot substantiate.
- Write clearly and concisely.
- Proof-read your application to ensure your spelling and grammar are accurate and that you have addressed the criteria.
- Make sure any examples you give are results-oriented eg targets achieved and demonstrated client satisfaction.
- Indicate any cost or time savings; value of grants received; productivity increases; recommendations implemented or processes simplified as a result of your actions.
- Include goals and achievements from previous performance/development reviews.
Considering our values and strategic priorities
- Where possible, demonstrate your understanding and connection with our values and priorities from your employment, work history and/or community involvement.
These hints are provided as a starting point to help you prepare your application. They are not intended to be an exclusive guide. If you have questions that are not answered on this website please contact HR Services.