Casual employment registers
In addition to working in a values based organisation and environment, casual employment at SCU offers flexibility, diverse experiences and variety across all three of our campuses. Opportunities cover ad hoc and/or temporary vacancies for purposes such as:
- Assisting with temporary high workloads;
- Meeting semester teaching requirements;
- Temporarily filling positions during organisational change;
- Providing short-term workforce flexibility;
- Covering staff absences;
- Securing specific expertise in the short term; and
- Providing training opportunities for students.
Registering for casual employment
Register for casual employment with the University by using the links below to our online casual registers. When completing your application, you will be required to attach a CV which includes the following information:
- Your full name and contact details;
- Details of your academic qualifications including institution and year received;
- Details of your employment history; and
- Names and contact details of at least 2 referees.
- Your details will be retained for:
- Casual academic employment register: two years.
- Casual professional employment register: six months.
- You will be able to access your application and update your details at any time by using your username and password. Details of how to access the system will be emailed to you as part of the confirmation that your application has been received.
It is important to note
- Inclusion on either register does not guarantee employment. The registers provide us with your details so that we can contact you if a suitable casual vacancy arises. The registers are only used for temporary appointments.
- Some positions may require a working with children clearance (or state or territory equivalent).
- If a suitable vacancy occurs, a University officer will be in touch with you to discuss the matter further.
- If you wish to apply for any positions advertised on the Vacancies page, you will need to submit a separate application specifically addressing the criteria for the position.
- International applicants residing in Australia who wish to be considered for temporary employment must be eligible to work in Australia.
Links to the casual registers
SCU is an equal opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion.
Applications from equity target groups are encouraged.