How to adjust your timezone for daylight savings.
Settings in MS Outlook and MS Office Web App (OWA) can be adjusted for daylight savings, depending on your location. All Gold Coast campuses operate on QLD time.
To change the timezone in Outlook (this will also change your computer time):
- Go to the 'File' tab
- Select 'Options' then 'Calendar'
- Scroll down to the heading 'Time Zone' on the right hand side of the screen
- Change the time zone to (UTC +10:00) Brisbane
- Press 'OK'
To change the time zone in Outlook Web App (OWA)
- Login into OWA
- On the top right hand corner: Select 'Options', 'See All Options'
- Select 'Settings' on the left hand side of the screen
- On the top right icon, select 'Regional'
- Under 'Change the Current time zone' select (UTC +10:00) Brisbane
Alternatively, you can simply change the computer's time zone which will also change MS Outlook:
- Click onto the time/date on the bottom right hand side
- Click on 'Change date and time settings …'
- Click on 'Change time zone …'
- Select '(UTC+10:00) Brisbane' from the list
- Click on 'OK'
Updated: 13 September 2012