Facilities and Equipment
Lismore, Coffs Harbour and Gold Coast campuses have video conference facilities for both meetings and teaching. The facilities are fitted with world leading Tandberg video conferencing equipment, large screen displays with the ability to send both the presenter's image and audio along with presentation material simultaneously.
Rooms and Seating Capacity
- Lismore Meeting Rooms: R1.06a (seats 30) and R1.06b (seats 4)
- Coffs Harbour Meeting Room: A1.20 (seats 10)
- Tweed Heads Riverside Meeting Room: Staff Room, Level 3 (seats 7)
- Gold Coast Meeting Room: A3.16 (seats 16)
- Lismore Teaching Rooms: B2.31 (seats 220), U2.31 (seats 90) and P1.58 (seats 80)
- Coffs Harbour Teaching Rooms: DTH350 (seats 350) and MLG13 (seats 40)
- Tweed Heads Riverside Teaching Room: A2.23 (seats 45)
- Gold Coast Teaching Rooms: A2.20 (seats 116) and A2.04 (seats 60)
The video conference rooms are designed with a room AV control interface. This provides the user a way to change the settings of what is on screen and to adjust things like camera and sound.
Typically, the following pieces of equipment are installed in AV equipped video conference rooms:
- Two media projects and screens - one for the image of the people and one for the image of the presentation (eg computer).
- An in-house Windows PC with Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Word).
- A DVD player (It must be remembered that video does not translate well over video conference and should be shown locally at all sites involved).
- A Document Camera or Visualiser.
For more on an overview layout of video conference teaching space equipment, see Teaching via Video Conference Linked Classrooms.
Updated: 06 March 2013