Audio Visual: Additional Information & Troubleshooting
- Can I borrow AV equipment?
- Can I record my lecture?
- Is support in the use of AV equipment available for non teaching activities?
- Connecting your laptop to a data projector
- Back-up Plans for all computer presentations
- Why is there no laptop image/display on the projector after I turn it on?
There is a limited AV loans service available from the Library circulation desk.
|Lismore||Gold Coast||Coffs Harbour|
Service Desk has a limited number of Display adapters for Apple devices (Mac Laptop, iPhone, iPad etc), available for loan by staff on a class-by-class basis. Please contact the Service Desk for further enquiries.
- Copy the presentation to a Flash drive or burn it on to a CD.
- Email the presentation to yourself, and when in the theatre, log onto Outlook Web App
- Save the presentation on Dropbox
On your laptop's keyboard, find the key marked Fn (function) (usually on the lower left corner of the keyboard).
Then, search for a key that has either the letters LCD/CRT or a little monitor icon. Most often, it will be in the top row of keys marked F1 through F12, but not always.
When you have both keys located, press and hold the Fn (function) key and then press the LCD/CRT key that you located before. It might take a couple of seconds for the computer to react.
This should toggle the screen image through a cycle like this: Image on Laptop Screen | Image on Projector | Image on Both. So if you press the "Function F" key sequence once, you'll get an image on the projector, but your laptop screen will go black. Press the key sequence again and you'll see the image through the projector and on your laptop. (This information will be in your laptop's instruction manual.)
Updated: 23 March 2015