About Technology Services
On behalf of the staff of Technology Services I would like to extend a warm welcome.
I hope you will find our approach to be helpful and supportive as we endeavour to provide you with the technology services and support to underpin your study, research and administrative needs.
We rely heavily on your feedback in the continual improvement of our services and support and so I encourage you to participate in the questionnaire or survey activities we undertake from time to time. General feedback can be submitted via our Service Desk or our feedback form.
Director, Technology Services
Our scope and mission
Technology Services is responsible for advice and support for information technology and communications to Southern Cross University and its partners. We provide a high level of technical expertise and leadership to support the development, implementation and ongoing support of information systems and services.
Our mission is to assist Southern Cross University in achieving its goals through the development and application of cost effective technology solutions and the delivery of recognised quality support services to the University community.
- Provide SCU researchers with access to an environment necessary to support world-class research.
- Further develop and maintain the technology and systems involved in SCU's delivery of educational programs.
- Provide quality teaching and learning spaces across all SCU campuses to suit a range of needs from the individual learner and group collaborative work through to the tutorial and lecture mode.
- Investigate and keep informed of current and emerging technologies used within the Higher Education sector.
- Assist in the process of providing SCU's academic community with appropriate staff development to fully exploit the teaching technologies available.
- Provide staff and students with a comprehensive suite of collaboration technologies to support teaching, learning, research and administrative activities.
- Provide staff and students with Internet connectivity via mobile devices such as notebook computers, smart phones and other hand held devices, and enable the use of higher bandwidth applications.
- Ensure SCU's desktop computing environment and standard operating environment (SOE) supports the easy integration and provision of essential workplace applications.
- Provide adequate data storage to support teaching, learning, research and administrative activities and ensure appropriate backup solutions are implemented.
- Ensure SCU's investment in core information systems is fully leveraged.
- Review and develop environmentally sustainable practices within the University's ICT environment.
- Further develop and maintain SCU's Information Security Management Framework to ensure the integrity of data, systems and ICT environment.
- Further develop and maintain governance of SCU's IT Project Portfolio and planning processes.