Staff storage and backups
Backing up files
There are many ways to backup your data at the University:
- Save your data to your personal U:Drive (My Documents)
- Use a USB drive or other removable device.
Note: It is vital that staff members ensure their valuable data is backed up or a computer failure could be a disaster.
Staff members can also backup to the Shared Work W:Drive (though this can be accessed by your whole workgroup).
Staff can save their work files to their hard-drive and U:Drive. It is advisable to save important files to your U:Drive. Should your computer fail the files on your U:Drive will have been backed up for you.
How much space do I have allocated on my U:Drive?
- Individual Staff: 5 gigabytes
OneDrive for Business (OD4B)
- OD4B for all personal work data that has typically been stored on laptop and computer workstation hard drives, U drive, USB drives or Dropbox/other cloud storage.
- Download OneDrive for Business guides