Locations and Log-ins for Computer Labs
Hold the CONTROL and ALT keys down, and press the DELETE key. This will bring up the Login window. Type in your Username and then your Password.
For security reasons we advise that you change your password. See our Student Passwords Hint Sheet at the Lab Service Desk for details.
If you do not know your Username and Password, contact the TS Service Desk staff:
- Lismore: R-Block
- Gold Coast (Beachside): Level 4 Library area
- Or phone: Phones are available within Gold Coast/Tweed Heads Labs and Z-Block Lab at Lismore for contact with Service Desk staff for assistance.
Please have your Student ID Card with you.
The Lismore campus computing labs for PC users are located on the ground floor of R Block (R1.92, R1.93, R1.94, R1.96) and also Z Block (Z1.15).
Each lab has a booking sheet on the door clearly detailing the permanent and casual bookings for the coming week. These classes take precedence over casual use of the labs and must be respected by students.
Depending on other bookings, eg: for classes or tutorials, the computing labs are generally available for student use during the following hours.
- R192 and R193 are open 24 hours 7 days a week with Swipe card access needed after 7pm.
- R194 and R196 are open 7am to 7pm weekdays only.
- Z115 is open 7am to 5pm weekdays only.
Swipe card access - If your Student Card will not allow you into the R-Block labs, call Security on 02 6620 3628 [Ext 73628 if you are on campus], or you visit Security at the Gatehouse (located at the entrance of the University).
Lismore Labs Service Desk
- Open Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Closed Saturday and Sunday
Coffs Harbour campus
- General Access labs: A.G.6; A.G.7; A.G.8; A.G.10; A.1.6; A.1.10; A.1.12; A.1.14; A.1.24
- Library labs: E.1.8; E.1.15; E.2.1
- Specific Purpose labs: A.1.22; A.1.23; M.LG.8
There are also 13 Windows and 5 Macintosh computers in the Student Learning Centre in O1.36. Support for the Student Learning Centre is provided within the centre.
|During Semester||7:30am - 11.00pm||8.00am - 5.00pm|
|Public Holidays||8.00am - 5.00pm||Not open #|
Swipe Card Access
Swipe card access is available as follows:
- Weekdays - 5pm to 11pm
- Weekends - 8am to 5pm
- Public Holidays - 8am to 5pm
The lab that is available during after hours requiring a swipe card is A.G.8.
To apply for swipe card access you need to complete a 'Computer Room Access Request Form':
- The form requires a signature from your head teacher or school/section administration assistant (to verify the student is doing the course)
- Cards need to be a Student Identification Card
- Students cannot use a Medicare card, NRMA Member Card (too thin) or Bank Cards
- Access to the School of Business (SoB) Labs require the signature of the SoB IT Support Officer
- All access is removed for all students in late December after notification by email from the Help Desk
Download Swipe Card Application [Forms (pink) are also available in the Help Desk foyer].
Timetables and finding a free computer
Lab room bookings are shown on the computer lab timetables which are displayed on the noticeboard in the Help Desk foyer, or on each of the computer lab doors. These are reprinted and displayed every Friday by the Help Desk staff.
They are there to assist students who wish to find a free computer lab. Instructions are on the Help Desk foyer noticeboard on how to read these timetables.
If there are no labs available then students can try the Library Lab, the Student Learning Centre in O.1.36 or they can ask a lab teacher if they can sit quietly at a free computer.
Coffs Harbour Labs Service Desk
- Open Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm
- Closed Saturday, Sunday and Public Holidays
Gold Coast Campus
General Student Labs
- Building A:A3.42; A4.23 (additional computers are available in the Library area – accessible during Library opening hours only)
Multi-Function Devices (print, copy, scan) are located in both labs as well as the Level 4 Library resource area (only accessible during Library opening hours).
A paystation is located next to the ATM in the Level One foyer.
- Building B: B4.15; B4.24; B4.25; B5.32
Multi-Function Devices (print, copy, scan) are located in rooms B4.24; B4.25; B4.15; B5.52 and in the foyer of Level 10.
A paystation is located next to the printer in B4.15 (student lounge area).
Riverside: A1.21; A1.22; A2.16
- Multi-Function Devices (print, copy, scan) are located in the Level 1 foyer and in A2.16 on Level 2.
A paystation is located next to the printer in the Level One foyer.
Multi-function Devices (print, copy, scan) are located in the Level 1 student common area and in A2.16 on Level 2. A paystation is also located in the Level 1 student common area. (Note: This is in preparation to having Netcard removed from Riverside.)
Computer Labs Opening Hours
Swipe card access - If your Student Card will not allow you into the labs or into the building outside business hours, see the Reception staff on-campus or call Security on 02 6620 3628.
- Open 7 days
- Beachside - open 24 hours
- Riverside - open 24 hours
Gold Coast/Tweed Heads Service Desk
Located in Building A at Beachside in the Library area
- Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:00pm
- Saturday and Sunday Closed
Updated: 14 May 2013