Staff Computer and Printer Purchases
- The Desktop Services Team can help you to purchase IT equipment.
- They are able to determine your requirements and make recommendations on what to purchase.
- Price information is available on current model computers and printers. This information is updated monthly.
- Purchasing assistance can be obtained from the Desktop Services Team. Just send an email request for assistance:
Lismore and Gold Coast Campus firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffs Harbour, NMSC and Port Macquarie: email@example.com
Staff Apple Mac Purchases
Staff Apple Mac computer purchases must comply with University policy ie.
(1) Apple Mac computers will not be approved for administrative use by Professional staff.
(2) Apple computers will only be approved:
- For research purposes where the purchase is funded entirely from external research funds.
- Where staff teach in disciplines where the use of the Mac platform is considered to be industry standard, such as the Music and Visual Design industries (currently limited to certain SASS degrees).
NB. Staff seeking exemption based on the above policy should apply to the Executive Director of Information and Physical Resources through the Director of Technology Services.
Computers and printers must be sourced based on Technology Services recommended minimum specifications. To ensure support by Technology Services all computers must be sourced from the university Recommended Suppliers.
Hewlett Packard printers have been selected as the most compatible with the Southern Cross University Network. Technology Services has tested HP printers comprehensively with all software packages used in the SOE. These printers can be sourced from a selection of the University's Recommended Suppliers. All printers come standard with extended 3 Year Warranty, and the Laser Printers with Onsite Warranty.
Please note that Technology Services only supports HP network printers which can be purchased from the Recommended Supplier (please note Dell does not supply HP printers). Printers that are not HP will not be attached to the SCU network. Xerox multi-function devices (MFD's) are the recommended copy, print and scan devices that are compatible with the SCU network. Please contact Xerox Shop Lismore for purchase and quote information
(Note: Only Shaws Business Technology can supply HP printers)
Updated: 05 November 2013