Telephone services and phone guides
The Southern Cross University PABX system provide voice services for all campuses (Lismore, Gold Coast, Coffs Harbour, Grafton, Sydney (THSS) and Melbourne (THSM)).
TS Communications staff provide information & support for phone services including:
- Answering incoming calls for Lismore and Gold Coast campuses
- Relocations of existing phone extensions
- Rectify phone faults
- Liaising with Eurocom (SCU phone provider)
- Activating/Training staff in desk phone features
- Voicemail activation & programming
- Conference calls procedures
- International Roaming Voice Packs, International Data Plans & Domestic Data Packs
- Reporting and recovering and telephone carrier charges to cost centres
- Phone guides and phone directories
As we are in the process of replacing our current phone system, we are not purchasing new handsets. We have a stock of handsets that will be utilised for any changes until the new phone system is installed.
Mobile phones for work purposes are approved by your unit manager and can be purchased from Telstra.
Switch - dial 9
Communications Supervisor ext 73687
Communications Officer ext 73693