Southern Cross University is a vibrant, contemporary Australian university with campuses at the Gold Coast, Lismore and Coffs Harbour, with branch campuses in Sydney and Melbourne. The University operates The Hotel School Sydney and The Hotel School Melbourne in partnership with Mulpha Australia.
- Southern Cross University is ranked in the Asia-Pacific's top 100 universities and the top 150 universities in the world under 50 years old (Times Higher Education Young University Rankings for 2017).
- Southern Cross University was ranked in the Top 100 in the Times Higher Education 150 under 50 Rankings 2016
- Southern Cross University is a research intensive university and was evaluated at 'well above world standard' in nine key areas in the Australian Research Council's 2015 Excellence in Research Australia Report .
- SCU International Student Support team has been recognised for their outstanding international student support in the International Student Barometer (ISB) survey 2016 .
- Industry-relevant degrees with a strong practical component that enables students to generate and apply knowledge.
Southern Cross University is in a unique part of Australia where students can access some of the best surfing beaches and marine environments in the country. World Heritage rainforest areas and national parks are also regional attractions - perfect for bushwalking and camping experiences.
Commitment to our international students
Southern Cross University has a dedicated team of staff at SCU International who are committed to assisting international students. Whether it's the application or acceptance process, orientation support throughout your studies, our International Student Support team will help make the transition easier.
The university is named after the constellation of stars that appears in the night sky of the Southern Hemisphere and that also appears on the Australian flag. It is a proud and significant symbol in Australia's history associated with this country's move to establishing its national identity and is a fitting symbol for this progressive university.