Adelle Purbrick & Crystal Austin - Dietitians
Accredited Practising Dietitians are university-qualified nutrition experts who provide evidence-based nutrition and dietary advice in all areas related to food and nutrition.
At SCU Health Clinic, Accredited Dietitians conduct individual dietary assessments for adults or children and provide specific dietary advice and meal plans to achieve individual goals such as improved blood glucose control or reduced blood pressure.
Areas where an Accredited Dietitian can assist you include:
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Weight management
- Allergies or intolerances (e.g. coeliac, lactose intolerance)
- Nutrient deficiencies (iron, calcium, fibre, etc)
- Gastro-intestinal issues (e.g. irritable bowel syndrome, diverticular disease)
- Renal disease
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Nutrition for toddlers, children and teenagers
- Vegetarian/vegan food choices
- Difficulty swallowing or chewing
- Underweight or malnutrition
Clients can self-refer for general dietary advice or may be referred by their GP.
Accredited Practising Dietitians are registered with Medicare, Department of Veteran Affairs and Private Health Funds. Clients may be eligible to receive Medicare rebates with a referral from their GP or via participating Health Funds.
Appointments and further information
This service is provided at the Lismore Health Clinic.
Contact us for an appointment or for further information about this service.