Southern Cross University Science Summer School
What is the Science Summer School?
The Southern Cross University Science Summer School is a four week program for undergraduate students and recent graduates, interested in learning more about research.
Successful applicants will team up with one of Southern Cross University's leading researchers and undertake a short science-based research project on a real world problem.
Whilst completing the project you will undertake and gain experience in the many different aspects of research including field work, laboratory based activities, analysing data and writing up results and conclusions. It's a great opportunity to develop valuable field and laboratory skills, and experience what undertaking an honours, masters or PhD project is like.
Who is eligible?
The Science Summer School is open to the following applicants:
- students who are currently enrolled at a university, and have completed at least two years of their undergraduate degree;
- students who have recently completed their undergraduate degree; and
- professionals who have completed their degree or any other postgraduate studies within the past five years.
Applicants from either Australia or overseas are encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be ranked based on:
- their academic record;
- demonstrated interest in and/or capacity to conduct science based research; and
- the availability of research projects that match the applicants nominated preferences.
What is provided?
Successful applicants will be provided with the following:
- a stipend of $300 per week for the duration of the program to assist with travel and living expenses.
- transport to and from field study locations;
- cover for expenses associated with laboratory work and field studies (students are expected to have their own basic personal protective gear like boots);
- students not currently enrolled at Southern Cross University are able to also apply for travel and accommodation assistance.
How to apply?
Applications for the 2016 Science Summer School have now closed.
To receive information on any future Summer School please email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information please contact 02 6620 3519 or email@example.com.