How SCU is Governed
The University is governed by a Council to which its Chief Executive Officer, the Vice Chancellor, reports. Council is responsible for the management of the University's affairs. The major academic body providing advice to Council on academic matters is the Academic Board.
The Council is chaired by the Chancellor. The Council has 15 members, including the Vice Chancellor, the Chair of the Academic Board, six members appointed by the Minister, four members appointed by council, three elected staff members and one elected student member.
- Southern Cross University Act 1993
- Southern Cross University By-Law 2005
- Standing Orders - Southern Cross University Council
- Terms of Reference for Council and its Committees
- University Council - Statement of Primary Responsibilities
- Council, Boards and Committees Chart
Updated: 16 November 2015