How to apply
Start your study in 2017. Session 2 classes commence 10 July 2017.
1. Find a course
Start by searching and browsing 2017 courses.
- More information about finding a course and choosing a campus.
When searching for a course, you can filter results by:
Filter by courses commencing in a particular session. For session dates, check the key dates page.
Filter courses by the award level received for completing the courses, e.g. undergraduate or postgraduate.
Filter courses by the campus at which they're delivered or online by online education.
Unsure which location to choose? Visit any of our campuses and get a guided campus tour.
Attend an SCU Info Day, either at one of our campuses or online, to find out more about our courses, life at university and the services we offer students.
Ask us a question online, by email or phone.
Applying to study at SCU is now fully online. Application links are provided on the How to apply tab of course information sheets (see image below), within course options.
- Apply for on-campus undergraduate degrees: applications to study an undergraduate degree at one of our campuses are made online direct to SCU, through the NSW Universities Admissions Centre (UAC) or Queensland Tertiary Admissions Centre (QTAC). Look for the Apply buttons under Domestic students in the How to apply tab on the course information sheet.
- Apply for undergraduate degrees by online education: if you're planning to study your undergraduate degree by online education, and become part of our interactive online learning community, you need to apply direct to SCU online. Under Domestic students look for the Apply Online button next to Online education in the How to apply tab on the course information sheet.
- Apply for postgraduate degrees: Apply direct to SCU online for all postgraduate degrees by course work. Under Domestic students look for the Apply Online button in the How to apply tab on the course information sheet. Contact the Graduate School to apply for postgraduate degrees by research.
- International applicants apply directly online to SCU: Look for the Apply Online button under International students in the How to apply tab on the course information sheet.
- More information about applying, scholarships and bonus points.
SCU offers a wide range of scholarship opportunities for students. Browse scholarship opportunities to see if you're eligible.
SCU has been awarded five stars for entry flexibility, see entry pathways for information on pathways to study at SCU.
Year 12 students may be eligible for bonus points under the Regional Year 12 Bonus Scheme and Special Subject Bonus Scheme.
If you need assistance at any point in the application process, ask us a question online, by email or phone.
3. Accept and enrol
SCU will send you a formal offer by email - congratulations! Your next step is to accept the offer. After you accept the offer, you then need to enrol in the course's units.
All the information you need to: accept/defer/decline your offer; become an SCU student; pay for your course; and enrol in units, locations and study sessions, is in this email. If you need help or have any questions, contact us by phone or email or online.
At this stage you are considered an SCU student. Detailed information about accepting your offer, enrolling and more is available from the getting started at SCU guide.