Distance and online education
Start your study in 2016. Session 2 classes commence 11 July 2016.
Distance education is often the best option for people who are juggling work and study or who wish to study a Southern Cross University course but do not want to relocate.
Find a course in 2016. Online applications are open to study in Session 2 with orientation starting on 6 July 2016 and classes starting on 11 July 2016.
Studying by distance education enables you to tailor your study to suit your circumstances, providing flexibility while remaining part of the SCU community. Learning may take place anywhere you choose so long as you have an internet connection - you can be part of our interactive, online learning community in your home, your workplace or even while travelling. SCU uses web-based technologies to assist students to actively engage with lecturers and other students, no matter where they are located.
Different courses may have different study options depending on the content of the course.
- Attend a virtual lecture or tutorial.
- View lectures or tutorials online when you have time.
- Consult with your lecturer online.
- Get instant feedback from an online quiz to make sure you are on the right track.
- Be inspired by a guest speaker who is a leader in their field.
- Join with fellow students to solve complex real-world problems from your own home or workplace.
Some distance education degrees combine field trips and face-to-face workshops or lectures and tutorials. If you are looking to expand your skills, re-enter the job market after an absence, or want a complete career change, studying by distance education may provide the answer.
Search course options
Updated: 23 February 2016