In meeting its obligation under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 and Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011, the University will, where reasonably practicable, ensure its employees, contractors and service providers carry out work in a safe manner. To achieve this, the University, its contractors and service providers must ensure that risks from identified hazards are eliminated or controlled to an acceptable level to avoid injury. The management of risk will include, but not limited to:
- All Contractors/Service Providers must sign in & out of Facilities Office between 7am - 5pm or Security Gatehouse between 5pm - 7am
- Designing and implementation of safe work procedures and submission of Safe Work Method Statements (SWMS)
- Undertaking hazard identification and risk control activities, including the submission of a Risk Assessment (RA)
- Provision of Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDS), as required
- Provision and use of appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Provision of adequate instruction, training and supervision
- Provision of appropriate and safe equipment
- Provision of copies of current Public Liability Insurance details (Certificate of Currency); and
- Workers Compensation details current-(Certificate of Currency)
Contractors are expected to work safely at all times in complying with their obligations under the Work Health & Safety Act 2011 and Work Health & Safety Regulation 2011 as well as relevant Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
All contractors MUST complete 'Contractor SCU Induction' BEFORE commencement of work.
Please contact Facilities Management and Services or ring (02) 6620 3222 to obtain a form to apply for user name and password to complete the 'Contractor SCU Induction' and obtain your Certificate of Completion.