Welcome to the Equity and Diversity Office
Southern Cross University is committed to being an inclusive and culturally safe work and study environment where all students and staff are valued. We are proud of the diversity of our staff and students and committed to fostering a diverse, fair and inclusive environment as reflected in the Values stated in the University's Strategic Plan. We value our engagement with the diverse communities surrounding our campuses and benefit from the knowledge, lived experience and perspectives they bring.
The Equity and Diversity Office provides leadership and direction in the development and implementation of the University's equity and diversity agenda. The Equity and Diversity Office is responsible for:
- Equal Employment Opportunity,
- Development Program for Women,
- coordinating initiatives to improve the access, participation, retention and success of students who are proportionally under-represented in higher education,
- supporting an Inclusive University, and
- works closely with and provides secretarial support to the University's Equity & Diversity Committee
Equity & Diversity Contacts are available for students or staff who may have a query or concern about an equity or diversity matter.