Development Program for Women
The Development Program for Women assists with the professional development of academic and professional staff across the University. It recognises the important role that diversity in general and women in particular play in progressing the strategic initiatives of the University.
The objectives of the program are:
- To attract, support and develop women academic and professional staff;
- To encourage women to consider careers in management and leadership;
- To increase the representation of women in senior positions;
- To facilitate key introductions and networking amongst women.
The program is open to women at all levels across the University and is of special interest to those women aspiring to senior and leadership roles. Women are encouraged to participate in one or more of the following program events and activities:
- Networking Lunch for Women
- Research Workshop for Women
- Mentoring Program for Women
- Academic Promotion Workshop for Women
Athena SWAN Charter
SCU is strengthening our commitment to gender equity by participating in the Australian Academy of Science's pilot program of the Athena SWAN Charter.