- A grade point average of Credit (or equivalent for students who completed their undergraduate studies elsewhere), preferably including a Distinction for the Integrated Project.
- Students who can demonstrate an improved performance and academic record or who have professional experience in the specified area of research may also be eligible, subject to approval by the Head of School.
Current honours projects
The School of Environment, Science and Engineering has a number of recently funded projects looking for honours students:
- Evaluating the biodiversity value of mixed species restoration systems throughout the agricultural landscapes of the Northern Rivers - Kevin Glencross
- Role of ocean upwelling in acidification of coastal waters off Byron Bay - Bradley Eyre and Kai Schulz
- Historical water quality trends in south east QLD estuaries - Naomi Wells
- Exploring NDVI videography to map mangroves in the tweed - Deb Stokes
- Managing water quality during the blueberry farming bloom - Professor Isaac Santos
- Do beach-buried whales attract sharks to the surf zone? - Professor Isaac Santos
- Carbon sequestration in mangroves and wetlands - Dr Christian Sanders
- Groundwater nutrient inputs to the Great Barrier Reef - Dr Douglas Tait
- Translocation and colonisation of a coral reef gastropod establishes fishery in Samoa - Dr Steven Purcell and Professor Stephen Smith (for more information on this project and the requirements, read Resesarch Project in Fisheries Ecology ).
In addition to these, the School offers honours projects in the following areas:
Study mode and commencement dates
- You can choose to study Honours on a full time or part time basis.
- There are three commencement dates - the start of session 1,2 and 3.
How to apply
- Download and read the latest Honours Handbook.
- Decide what area of interest you would like to study and then find out which members of Academic staff may be qualified to supervise you. Also see the available Honours projects.
- Apply online at scu.edu.au/applyonline
- Existing SCU students can apply using the application tab within My Enrolment
- If you have any further questions contact the Honours Programs Coordinator.