Research at the School of Education
We are a rapidly growing School of Education in Australia. Our School is based across coastal, regional and urban centres, such that we have a range of exciting and eclectic research communities. We lead highly engaging research responsive to the most pertinent research questions and issues in Australia. We have leading researchers who have consistently been awarded Australian Research Council Discovery and Linkage grants, along with Office of Learning and Teaching (OLT) grants spanning the research-teaching nexus. Furthermore, the School also has over 100 PhD, Masters and Honours candidates immersed within the School's research entities and groups. The School's substantive research entities include:
- Centre for Children and Young People
- Sustainability, Environment and Education (SEE) Research Cluster
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) Research Group
- Teacher Education Research Group
- CreArE (Creativity, Arts & Education) Research Group
- Early Childhood Education and Care Research Group
- Learning Sciences Research Group
The School also has an active higher degrees research program. We offer Honours, Masters and PhD programs in education. Our research students are supervised by the best researchers in the education field, and supported by a variety of services.
The School also offers a Visiting Scholar Program.
For additional research information, see our selected research highlights.
Professor Amy Cutter-Mackenzie
Deputy Head of School Research, School of Education
Southern Cross University
School of Education
Gold Coast Campus
Locked Mail Bag 4, Coolangatta, QLD, 4225
Phone: +61 07 5589 3130
Mobile: +61 0418 801 893