Distributing material via CD-Rom or email
Putting material on CD-Rom
Subject to the reproduction limits, you may distribute material to students in digital form on a CD-Rom.
- All material appearing on the CD-Rom must contain a warning notice attached to the individual copies
- Copies without the notice are deemed to be illegal, and both the University and the individual producing the copies may be subject to legal action
- Copies must also carry appropriate attribution
- All material distributed in this way must be registered with the myReadings.
Distributing copyright material by email
You may distribute copyright material via email to students, provided:
- the reproduction limits are not exceeded - this applies to all the material for a unit (for example, you cannot supply one chapter of a book on CD-Rom or hard copy and email a different chapter of the same book to students in the unit)
- the copies are only supplied to staff and students of the University
- the reproduction contains a warning notice
- the reproduction carries appropriate attribution
- the copies are registered.
An alternative to attaching an item to an email is to register the item and deposit it in myReadings.