Leadership Capability Framework
The SCU Leadership Capability Framework (LCF) is about building desired capability and capacity in our leaders to lead their people effectively and, in doing so, achieve SCU goals. The LCF identifies these critical capabilities and behaviours.
It is also a career development pathway for current and future leaders. Individuals can chart their professional development needs against the identified capabilities for SCU's Leaders.
The LCF applies to employees at Professional Level 9 and Academic C, and above.
What are the Framework's capabilities?
The capabilities are identified in four capability clusters:
- Leading by knowing self and understanding others (the central cluster);
- People: Leading and developing people and teams to achieve results;
- Strategy & Culture: Leading vision, change and innovation; and
- Task & Process: Leading and managing SCU's operations.
- Leadership Capability Framework [pdf];
- Leadership Capability Framework Guide [pdf] describing in detail:
- What the Framework is;
- Examples of what the leadership capability clusters, specific capabilities and their behavioural descriptors are and how they are demonstrated.
- Leaders Guide - Our LCF in action [pdf]
- Leadership Capability Framework - self assessment tool [xlsx]
- Leadership Development Model [pdf]
T: +61 2 6620 3768